EN-4000™ BROADBAND ROUTER
IsoTropic Networks is deploying the EN-4000™ Broadband Router in a variety of VSAT applications ranging from VPN Acceleration to SCADA transmission. The EN-4000™ router family adds speed, capacity, and flexibility to the Encore Networks’ series of wireline/wireless routers. This compact IP + Legacy router is designed for commercial and industrial environments and a wide range of operating temperatures, the all-metal enclosure resists dust, moisture, and electromagnetic interference (EMI).
The single-box solution provides Internet Protocol (IP), VPN, Firewall, Ethernet Switching, and Legacy Protocol to IP interworking. The EN-4000™ supports a wide range of services and applications used for M2M, SCADA, Smart Grid, and Enterprise applications. The base configuration contains one or two cellular modules, an 802.11 Wi-Fi module, and five Ethernet ports. Three expansion slots, two in the front and one internal, accept optional hardware modules. Expansion slots enhance flexibility and let the EN-4000™ router adapt easily to specific user needs by adding additional Ethernet ports (up to nine total), dual 3G and 4G cellular modules, encryption hardware, DSP, T-1/E-1 CSU interfaces, fiber optical links, 802.11 Wi-Fi, a dial modem with an FXS analog telephone interface, and serial data ports.
The EN-4000™ router supports multiple ports and high-speed network connections, performing routing and switching of network packets, and Layer 4 Firewall with enhanced cyber and physical security measures. The internal Ethernet switch, in addition to routing features, allows the EN-4000™ router to assign ports to different networks (wired or wireless) and functions (SCADA vs. video for example). Multiple WAN connections load share or apply enhanced traffic grooming using QoS and CoS traffic types assigned to specific links. Upon a link failure, traffic moves automatically to a working link or to a new connection as programmed.
- Industrial-hardened, with redundant power sources: AC, DC, or Power over Ethernet
- Provides service over any port, any network at anytime IP/MPLS, Cellular 3G, 4G LTE, 802.11 WiFi, Frame Relay, circuit switched, T-1, Serial, Ethernet, optical fiber, analog modem
- Business Continuity
- Automatic Failover with traffic load sharing between wireline and wireless links
- Dual wireless carrier support for 4G LTE and HSPA+
- Embedded 802.11b,g,n ac Wi-Fi
- VPN IP Security (IPSec) AES 256 and 3DES,SSL/TLS and SSH
- Selective Layer Encryption (Patented) for satellite VPN optimization
- Operation, Administration, and Management (OA&M) with Web based GUI management
See the Data Sheet for the Technical Specifications